A comprehensive solution that manages all aspects of a business’s intelligence program
Business Intelligence and Analytics
emagine transforms business data into actionable information for all levels of an organisation seeking greater confidence and speed in their decision making.
Analytics delivery requires an understanding of data integration, management, modelling and visualisation disciplines. Our multi-skilled consultants have a track-record of delivering excellence across BI architecture layers and technologies – increasing overall engagement value. We invest in our delivery focussed Center of Excellence (COE), ensuring reputable results for customers.
"We enable a business to optimise its decision making through harnessing the value of data."
We offer a flexible engagement model and our services include:
Servicing enterprise BI Architecture
- Architecture / Platform advisory
- Program / Platform delivery
- System / Platform operations
- Domain knowledge, best-practice development expertise and testing services
Expertise, agility and continuous integration
- Our unique, agile, interactive BI approach benefits customers from an early stage. These benefits include evolving the architecture incrementally
- We align system development and operations which delivers ‘DevOps’ to customers
- Our COE provides remote delivery oversight which mitigates functional, technological and delivery risk
We have produced business insight and workflow solutions for:
- Financial Crime and Intelligence
- Front Office
- Trade Surveillance
- Conduct, Controls and Supervision
- Risk Analytics and Movement Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Counterparty Fraud
- Service Management
- Post-trade Performance Monitoring
- TCO (Software Delivery)
- Cost to Serve / Profitability
emagine are a certified Qlik partner
Qlikview 12x – the time to upgrade is now.
Qlik is phasing out its leading 11.2x generation of releases from the QlikView product family from December 2017. Customers are advised to upgrade to the 12x generation for business continuity. This upgrade will not be disruptive.
QlikView 12x generation of products are engineered for enterprise platform deployment and shared use. The new server engine is completely re-architected to support very large deployments enabling shared usage among analytics stakeholders. With both Qlikview and QlikSense product family sharing the same server engine, customer’s analytics investments are protected.
emagine’s Centre of Excellence (COE) team summarises the following key product enhancements
- New QIX engine: New data indexing engine with columnar data model to metadata, improving query and calculation performance
- Improved scalability and resilience: Enhanced access to PGO and shared files, increasing number of nodes to cluster and supporting unbalanced clusters
- Published load balancing, optimising server resources, including reduced failures
- De-coupling service from server: Clear separation of Windows and Service Manager roles, including security hardening. Functions are configured to respect directory structure
- Robust infrastructure integration: Out-the-box, single sign-on authentication. Custom coding only for third-party system integration
- Analytics application separation: Discourage ‘hard’ application integration. Third-party application integration using API, including open standard for web data sources
- Better usability: Improved response time. Visibility to unselected data, including a greatly improved mobile touch experience
What does this mean for stakeholders?
The impact of the upgrade to application and platform stakeholders are listed below.
- More concurrent users per document and per server improving capacity
- Simplified single sign-on integration
- Reconfigure windows and services
- Simplified platform support
- File size may increase and thus, may require a data model review
- Reloading time may change with the new server
- Functions with tightly integrated applications and servers need reconfiguration
emagine’s delivery focussed ‘Centre of Excellence' (COE) recommend the following:
- Setting up an enterprise platform: Leveraging the power of new QIX engine, customers are encouraged to consolidate all 11.2 deployments onto enterprise grade 12 cluster(s)
- Align all applications to the platform: Publishing standards and guidelines to ensure analytics application stakeholders optimally use platform resources, enabling shared usage
- Enable platform and application evolution: Build and operate teams supporting user activity, application building and support, as well as, platform building and support
For more information, download emagine's Business Intelligence factsheet